Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Well, she's still here!!

She's still sitting pretty on her eggs. She also has some pretty regular, observable behavior. First, it's funny that she is literally outside of our kitchen area...which is very loud. I sit at the bar on my laptop, yell commands from the open floor plan of my kitchen...maybe argue with the kids one or twenty times...you know, life. She seems pretty happy here.

She leaves every evening for an hour or two, usually around six to seven o'clock. We never catch her leaving or coming back. And her eggs are not visible, they are tucked neatly under the layer or downy feathers and sticks and straw that you can see here for her nest. Of course, she makes no peep either.

She's just a pretty lady.

edited to add: We did see her waddling back today, carefully checking around her as she approached back to her nest to make sure no one was following her. She checked like she was crossing the street, occasionally looking behind her, too. Like I had suspected, she has been totally habituated to us and our noises. I told the two year old to be quiet, but before I could stop him, he gingerly, and quietly stepped to the open window which is a few feet from her nest. She didn't mind at all, and continued back to sit on her eggs. I love how quiet, watchful, and interested the little guy was, too. So cute

No comments:

Post a Comment