Monday, June 4, 2012

Started summer school today, Sociology!! I am SOO incredibly excited because I have been waiting to take this class but it never worked out before. I'm at the end of classes that I can or need to take before transferring to a four year and finishing. In 2004, when we had two kids and separated from the military, I started taking classes and bit by bit, I'm getting there. I know that God gave me the strength when I was going full time initially and was able to keep focused on what I needed to learn -- the grades and accomplishment of the work were a great confirmation that I was on the right track.

As far as future plans, I have no specific goal other than to LEARN right now. I know where I'd like to go in the future, but I don't want to jump ahead of myself. I feel like right now I am still learning and I want to let that happen first before I make unnecessary career goals. I think more research needs to be done, especially for the career I am feeling led to.

So yea, I'm definitely not the only military wife I know going to school "late". Something about moving every few years and only in the passed several years have colleges even gone online -- which is very weird to think, but true. It feels like I am playing "catch-up", but I've been raising some great kids thus far. God allowed me to serve, work, teach, and minister overseas through the chapel as well when we were there, which was amazing and something I never would have premeditated wanting to do until it happened. I have always had feet that need to be moving or I am miserable, so I guess I just need to remind myself when I compare to others that my life is unique and nothing about it has fit the in the norm really at all so far, but something about it works nonetheless (it's a God thing). Sometimes I need to just embrace the "road less traveled by" and be thankful for it.

***************************************

BTW, Here is our home school blog if you want to follow THAT whole journey.

http://rootsandwingsacademylearning.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment