Friday, February 3, 2012

Life is a pretty sweet fruit

Recently, I noticed that I'm way less complainish. I used to be such a brat, I think. whine whine, me me...I sometimes catch myself being really annoyed at a status or complaint that someone else says. I then have to remember it took a really long time to even get to where I am now. I think it followed a pretty spiral pattern to wellness. 1) realize I'm both annoying and being disobedient to God in that I am not being thankful 2) feel bad 3) do it again ...rinse and repeat. Pretty much true for any habit or stronghold in a person's life.

Enter God's grace. His forgiveness allows me to forgive myself and then move forward. When I slip up again, I just say, "Well, that's not my normal..." It helps.

I know some people, well lots of people, make a sport of bitching. That is unfortunate, because life really can be enjoyable. We do have to unlearn a lot of things both in the familial and just societal atmospheres. I'm still way flawed in this particular area, I'm sure...but my mind was just way too negative and I'm glad that there is a way out of that kind of thinking.

I think that was a good preface to finally talk about my daughter!!!

She is growing up, maturing, and not exhibiting those behaviors that some of you know were so very unhealthy and or just plain sad/disturbing/annoying to the max. Specifically the tantrums/screaming. This is a public forum here, and NO way for my daughter's privacy am I going to lay out specifics but I really know that things were way beyond what is average/typical/normal. I've seen it on TV but not in real life. That kind of stuff.

She's really growing into a person who cares more about those around her. She does have some anxiety issues, but things just seem to be so much better as a general rule. I think last year was one of the hardest years. We were headed out of the "little kid" and into the "young adult". It collided into both tantrumy stuff and back-talky stuff. The back-talking can really be a detriment, and something I was totally lax on disciplining.

Daddy, however, refused to accept it.

It just needed to be corrected, and corrected, and corrected. Like, stay on this path here, this tone here...go over here in the bad tones and behaviors, and you'll not only have to say it again, but you're not going to get whatever it is you want. Give even more disrespect and you get even more fun stuff taken away. That type of discipline works REALLY well with a child that can be totally out of their own head when they don't get what they want. So essentially, good old boundaries!! They work wonders!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment