Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmastime

I never expected or thought that my Grandma and Dad would invite my Mom over for Christmas dinner. Twice. This sort of amazed me last year when I heard my Mom was going there for dinner. My parents divorced when I was twelve. It wasn't the most horrible divorce that could be experienced, but nothing about it was pleasant either. 

When we go "home", we always stay with my Grandma and Dad in Illinois, and my mom is also currently in Indiana finished her Bachelors to pursue mission work. She wanted to see my little brother for Christmas and also knew we would be traveling back home. I figured we'd meet up somewhere else - but my Dad said, "Invite her to dinner!" 

Everyone is a Christian, but particulars of the faith diverge and coalesce in different areas. I guess they match on weightier matters like forgiveness. 

My kids got to celebrate Christmas dinner with both their grandparents. One dinner. Great, peaceful visit.




No comments:

Post a Comment