Monday, August 23, 2010

Buddy time

I'm coming cloooser, silently closer, Geese!
I'm enjoying this time with just me and the little buddy. He's 21 months now and everything is so fun to explore. He's okay with sitting in the stroller and checking out the ducks and geese while we walk around the neighborhood, or exploring the park if we stop there.

Today we went to the park and went on the swings, felt the prickles of an evergreen tree, and sat in a little shelter area with benches. We spotted a lady bug, well, I spotted a lady bug and put her on my hand. At first he was concerned on account of older brother and sister making such a big fuss over any insect or minuscule spider they see. I held it up to him and said, "ladybug...llladdddyyybuug." He tried to say it but it came out like, "lllebeeb-b." Freaking adorable, I say!!

And I can't understand why one tree had completely lost its leaves already. Odd, but I did enjoy the smell of fall on the ground already, it smelled so good and made me want to take a hike with the family. Since moving away from Indy, we have no idea where good trails are. Our new city does have a few good parks that, according to the county website, are also trails. My husband is completely skeptical that we can find a good hiking place around here - but we just have to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment