Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Felties!!

I think it was about two years ago I longingly thought it would be super-duper fun to make felt creatures and sew. Time, materials, and know-how was an issue. But after getting some books, creating some horribly stitched creatures that fell apart right away and then practicing more, I think we are having fun! The kids have actually been learning to sew, which I have blogged about on "Roots and Wings" blog, but these are some creatures I put together. I made a set of three animals for baby E's birthday. She gives the koala kisses and seems to understand that *I* think they are important at least...haha.

Then my younger son wanted a "potato pirate". I kept asking if he wanted brown felt and he kept saying red. I then realized he was actually asking for a tomato pirate. Potato pirate was finished today finally, after much nagging by my son, and he is a super happy camper.









I find stitching to be relaxing as I am by nature a bit manic, must do all things now! personality. It is great to sit down, slow down, and stitch. It is meditative and relaxing. The kids love their creatures, too!



Miss Koala and Ms. Bunny are just hanging out.

Bird is always in the clouds...she was suppose to meet them for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment