Saturday, April 21, 2012

Love my family

I must pen an entry!! This blog is taking a back seat to my professional blog - which yes, I keep totally separate for anonymity purposes. What's been up in this season of our lives?

Lots of stuff, of course.

Baby E

Is very animated and still has her scrunchy nose smiles. She has two bottom punkin teefers which makes her look like the big little seventh month old that she is! I really am just floating on along her getting older...it seems slow and fast at the same time. She is sitting and also talking a bit! She definitely can recognize "ni-ni" as getting nursed before a nap or bed, as well as "mama" and "dada"...she actually says them!! If she is very tired, she will say, "Ni-ni, mama." Precious!! I am totally blown away by how sweet and loving she is. She gives out bear hugs and looooves kisses from her family. She is just a love and the perfect addition to our family. With each new blessing we have, our house feels even more homey. Having the big family I always wanted but didn't ever know I needed just feels so great!!

Little Y -

Man, is this even the same kid as last year? Not too long ago I could put him on my hip...not even!! He is so very large, sometimes even dwarfing kids two to three years older. He's always been a "tank". When he was born we used to joke that it was all the inhaled steroids I had to take for asthma - - the dr. doesn't think that it would still be affecting him - but he is wearing Brother's hand me downs from last year!!! He has got an attitude that won't stop!! Three = assertion!! He will not be out asserted, that is for sure. The one thing that he doesn't seem to question is when I count (even though initially he hadn't even gotten a punishment to relate to the warning of counting) and he knows when it is bedtime most of the time, as far as not getting out of bed, etc. Thank goodness.

Brother and Sis

We are homeschooling and they are super excited. My decision was based on wanting to do more one on one work with them in addition to character building and good old fashioned isolationism!! Just kidding, but actually, I am finding myself having to admit that being able to stay out of the whole mainstream school system is probably my number one reason. I really don't like to admit that. But that is between me and my family and God, I suppose.

So Sis is definitely going more and more towards the middle school mindset, and she is starting to view her family and the world in new ways, yet is still very much juvenile at the same time. She is still "justice" at pretty much everything. She likes to dole it out, justify her behavior, and still be a strong iron hammer against anyone who shows a weakness or foible. Ahh, middle school. I am really happy about the fact that she is still very close to her 'best' friend...her mom essentially set the whole friendship up. Last year she was volunteering and she was able to sit with my daughter as she read her even younger elementary school daughter a book through the reading program. The mom approached my husband at some school function and said that since our daughters are in the same class and were both new students last year, we should get them together. I thought that was a little surprising and has never happened before. I had just given birth to baby E so she offered to just take the girls to a movie. Their friendship has just blossomed ever since and Sis says that her b/f/f reminds her of me...hahaahaaa. So funny since we are always butting heads. I guess her friend (let's call her Elle from here on out) always says stuff to challenge her motives like kind of an accountability type friendship - so funny and awesome!! I also had a friend like that in middle school and so much appreciated the stability and kindness that she brought into my life - I still keep in touch with her today.

Big brother is a huge blessing in the area of entertaining and bonding with really all his brothers and sisters. He really can interact with anyone on their level. He loves babies, tolerates and loves little Y's sometimes crazy antics, and also tolerates his older sister's bossy nature. Sometimes I have to intervene because he takes too much from other people. Like when little Y scratches during a wrestling match and leaves a bloody claw mark, that kind of stuff. Because he doesn't really assert himself and also has a speech/communication challenge with stuttering, I really do have to work harder to settle other people down so we can understand him and just not let his needs get forgotten about. He loves to learn and I am excited to be able to spend more time with him and see how his mind works and learns now that he is older - going in to third grade but since he skipped math, fourth grade for math. I'm not sure I agree with simply skipping a grade in math - I think he should have maybe gone through 3rd's curriculum too, but maybe double time. I find myself wondering if there were things he missed. Again, this is another good about homeschooling him. I do plan to write more about what we are doing in home school. I think I can confidently say I know exactly in a general  *way what I plan to do - a paradox, I know, but it makes sense to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment