Friday, January 21, 2011

James Blackshaw - Infinite circles




Taken by Mike Woodhouse "Woody 50" Flickr

This is one of my favorite songs right now. I really made friends with this album last summer/fall when DS2 and I would go for walk/jogs in his jogger. It's perfectly matched to running. I really am so blessed that I live right across from a track with a little lake/marsh area. Geese and ducks live there, and even this winter we watch them fly overhead every day. I've seen the resident hawk a few times, too and last week he landed in my little maple tree. As soon as I tried to catch a picture of him, he flew away...but he was pretty. 

I really am amazed that we ended up here and how we ended up here. Even though we do miss home, and my husband has a longterm goal of returning home eventually, I really couldn't be happier here. I've realized this recently. Sure, this new state is a little odd to us, and they don't plow the roads near as well as they should, etc, etc. But the kids are in a really great school right now, and the house is just the right size for us. Even our growing family!! 



Last week, we found out I am EXPECTING!

The day before yesterday I went in to get bloodwork. Today I need to go back again, because we need to make sure the HCG is rising, which would indicate growth. According to the levels, though, it looks like I am around four weeks! 

I can say that before this I had that all-too familiar feeling that our family was not complete. It happened before DS1 and DS2. Then, a friend messaged me and said she had more than one dream that I was pregnant. She asked me if I had an announcement. That was last month - so it would have been either right when I actually was pregnant, or right before. Apparently this happened to another friend of hers, too. I see these things as little ways that God prepared my heart and why I feel pretty joyful right now. 

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! WOW... YOU ARE GOING TO BE A BUSY MOMMA! I'M SO HAPPY FOR THE BOTH OF YOU! HOW EXCITING!!!

    ReplyDelete